Thursday, September 11, 2014

This is me

Had you asked me 10 years ago what I thought my life would look like in 10 years here's what I would tell you:

I'd finally be a doctor, Dr. Lopez, Pediatric Surgeon... Wow that has a nice ring to it!
I'd be living in the city and working at Children's Hospital
I'd OWN a loft downtown where all the magic was happening and drive my year model BMW
I'd be single, maybe dating because my life would be my work so of course they're be no time for kids either.
My email address isn't MsImAlwayzRight for no reason. I'd be a boss lady, a BA independent woman who only looked forward to bigger and better things, yup that would be my life.

Fast forward to the present and here is my reality:

I dropped out of college 2 years in. Long story short, one I'm sure I'll end up discussing here later, my little brother was born with a heart abnormality. Seeing a tiny infant hooked up to tubes and wires, needing a handful of surgeries to survive scared me, gave me a reality check and I knew i couldn't be a doctor

I live in a small city close to my hometown and work as Curriculum Developer for an insurance company

I own a 5 bedroom home and luckily I do drive a year model car but it's no BMW, it's a Dodge Journey

I've been married to the love of my life for 5 years and together for 10. I am also the mommy to the two most beautiful daughters, 6 and 2.

My email address is still MsImAlwayzRight because I still believe it. I might have some competition for it now with two other ladies in the house but mama still rules. I am still a boss, I'm BA just in a different way. I always thought that a man and children would hinder my dreams little did i know that these 3 people define who am I and helped make my dreams come true.

This is me, the me I was supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment